Wednesday, November 25, 2009

The Twilight Saga: New Moon

*deep breath* Hi. My name is Crash and I am a Twilight addict. It has been two hours since the last time I searched the internet for gossip about Twilight, the Twilight cast, vampires, werewolves or anything else related to any of those crazy, angsty kids from Forks. I fear I've missed something, and this worries me.

I used to have a normal life. Now The Twilight Saga has turned me in to a twenty-seven year old teenager. It's a problem. I think about Twilight all the time, and from what I understand, there is no cure to my ailment.

Now that I've said all that, I have a confession to make.

I didn't like New Moon.

I'm not saying I hated it. It was an entertaining movie, but hey, what was wrong with the book. I was upset that Twilight didn't stick close enough to the book it was based on, but I understood most of the changes that were made. A film maker has to make certain cuts and change certain things so the story translates better to the screen. I'm okay with that and in time, I came to love the movie. I'm not sure if that will be the case with New Moon.

I won't get into the specific problems I had with the movie because I don't want to spoil it for anyone that actually reads this blog, but honestly, some of my favorite parts of the book were almost completely unrecognizable in the movie. Stephanie Meyer wrote an amazing book and I have to wonder how she felt after watching the finished movie.

Perhaps I am too attached to the book to see the movie as a unique work of art, which is of course what it is supposed to be. It was a decent movie, but I was expecting so much more - and so much more could've been done with it. I hope Eclipse is better handled. It's one of my favorite books in the series and I can't wait to see what they do with it.